Thursday, January 21, 2010

Letter to Mom


Digging through an old box of letters I discovered a gem that I would would like to share with readers of my blog. The poem was written by a unknown Seneca and I thought my mom would appreciate it as she was 54 years old at the time. 'My oh my', the things that crossed my mind at 32. To think of my dear mother so young and vibrant in those days and now she is gone and I am a young 'lol' 62 years of age.

What was Then.

The sky clear, a rainbow glows
my eyes they see, deer playin' - does
Water is clear, fresh and clean
my ears are sharp and keen 
The forest beautiful and full of vigor
my feet dance, mother earth feels content
The air is fresh and good
my lungs breath, smells the wood
The essences of the Great Spirit's creations shine
my body was young, my heart strong and hair fine
I am old now, things change
my Creator has not forgotten me, not how it was then
Not he nor I

I miss you Mom
Your loving son, Gary

5 comments:

  1. There is no love like a mother's love for her son,you my Wolfy have been so blessed to have the love a mother can show. She was a wise Lady
    to teach you the ways of life, and it's being passed on to others. Your mother is an angel and so proud of you and happy to know you are writing,sending out the good word on your blog. As your wife I too am very proud of your writing and wisdom. I love you today and always.
    Love,
    Pea

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I add? What a nice poem and a great tribute for a Mother to receive. In her memory, God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was wonderful. As we approach another anniversary of her passing it is wonderful to keep her memory alive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was very beautiful Dad!! Thanks for sharing this.

    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete

Good Words Here