Saturday, January 16, 2010

Office Hours - Anthony Buono

Nostalgic and fresh are words that come to mind when I first heard online cuts of Anthony Buono's Office Hours. He, Doug, Mike & Ted got our toes tapping this Saturday morning to I Need You (you'll swear it's John Lennon) &  Bound To Love shades of David Gates and Bread! Nicely produced and executed guys. Here's an excerpt from Anthony's album site:


"In 2001, I had been away from music for quite a bit of time and really desired to record original music again. But I never had a good band to record with, so always resulted to doing the instruments using digitally sampled instruments through computers. I really wanted a real band performance feel this time. 

But the only way it could work is if the band was really tight. And the only way to do that would be to be playing together for a while. Not being very hopeful (because it is very difficult to find really good musicians to form a band), I started looking around the area and putting out feelers. Soon, as it turned out, there was a drummer (Doug Briggs), a bass player (Mike DeLaFleur) and a lead guitar player (Ted Seely) right in my own little town of Front Royal, VA, and all going to the same church that I attended. 

The chances of that, as many musicians will concur, are remote. I took it as a further good sign that all three were available and interested in forming a band." - Anthony Buono, Office Hours website


Do you think God might have had a little to do with that Anthony? All kidding aside, these guys are really talented & blessed. For more, go to: http://glassonion8tracks.bandvista.com/ and Buy this CD. Laura & I intend to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Words Here